Friday, January 25, 2013

God not only loves you but He really really likes you & enjoys you

"The greatest thing that ever happened to me, that literally changed everything for me, was when I got the revelation that God not only loved me but He really really enjoyed me & liked me. When I got that & realized that was true, literally all those little games I used to play with myself just fell away. I never ever went back to it. I don't go to bed at night & say "I'm sorry." And I did that for years, that's all I ever did. My whole prayer life was a series of forgive mes & I'm sorrys, that's all it was. It was just simply the revelation that God likes me that changed that.

Most of us have this idea of how God sees us because we're monitoring our sins. So we've got all these things in our mind that we're struggling with. You ask any Christian, "How you doing?" "Well I'm struggling brother. Pray for me." And he's usually got a list of 3 or 4 sinful things. They've got these little lists in their minds & know if Elijah were to appear & give them a word from the Lord it would be about one of those things.

That is kinda what happened to me. My friend Jay Dillon told me that he had a word for me. This guy is like always dead on. I had a list in my mind. I was freaking. I was so scared, I was doing nothing but praying night & day before I met him that he wouldn't reveal anything in front of my wife. That's how scared I was, I was terrified. I was sure he was going to say, "You're demonically oppressed. You are.." I had things I just knew he was going to say. When we met all he did was look at me straight in the eyes & say, "You have the heart of God. You love people. You have the heart of God."

Then I realized God is not looking at the things you think He is looking at. Church has taught us to be sin conscious. You cannot be sin conscious & ever know that you are loved by Him at the same time. They don't go together. The truth of what really happened at the cross is that your sins are no more. But we still keep counting them & trying to stop sinning. When you go down that sin conscious road you can't ever get the revelation of His love until you are willing to let that sin consciousness go. When you do it changes everything." -Darin Hufford


Transcribed from the Into the Wild Podcast Just Let It Go

No comments:

Post a Comment